Seasonal Paddleboarding Instructor (Full or Part Time)
We’re looking for two experienced, passionate and qualified instructors to help us deliver our 2023 season.
SUP Bristol is an award-winning paddleboarding school established in 2014. We were one of the first SUP specific schools in the UK and are now one of the largest. Our love for the outdoors shows in everything we do, from supporting the first paddle strokes to enabling epic adventures and training the next generation of instructors.
Your role will focus on leading our SUP experiences in the historic Bristol Floating Harbour. You will have the knowledge, skills and experience to facilitate superb experiences for our clients.
You’ll work with a range of customers with varying skill levels and expectations. We work with adult, family and corporate groups, and we also have a very active local active membership – you’ll be able to adapt your style to suit these diverse groups. You’ll be a knowledgeable and experienced paddler and keen to muck in and get up to speed quickly.
You’ll be happy working independently as well as within our small friendly team (two directors, two full time instructors and several part time staff).
SUP Bristol, Underfall Yard, Cumberland Road, Bristol, BS1 6XG
- To deliver high quality stand up paddleboarding beginner and intermediate sessions.
- To demonstrate a high level of customer care
- To demonstrate excellent knowledge of paddleboarding; and strong personal paddling ability and experience
- To manage the use of equipment to ensure the centre is operating efficiently
- To record session data and upload session photographs
To build a rapport with members to support their development and encourage further training and trips
- To ensure activity areas are maintained safely and cleanly
- To assist with the maintenance of equipment as required
To assist on coastal courses and trips away from Bristol
- Supporting with staffing of freelancers to cover sessions
- Supporting booking office functions – taking bookings, phone calls and email enquires
One of the following or higher
- WSA Foundation SUP Instructor
- British Canoeing SUP Leader,
- Paddlesport Leader with SUP Module or significant SUP experience
- ASI Level Two
- BSUPA Level One
and Current 16-hour outdoor first aid certificate
- WSA Adventure Guide
- BC Sea Kayak Leader
- BC Coaching Quals
- Full driving licence with experience of driving large vans
- Administration or booking office experience
Benefits of working with SUP Bristol
- Small, friendly team
- In-house training
- A commitment to your continued professional development (including subsidised training courses)
- Living Wage Employer
- Use of equipment when you’re not working
- Access to trade discounts
Contract and hours
Seasonal. Full time and part time options available. Due to the nature of our work you’ll be required to work most weekends as well as a couple of evenings a week. 40 hours per week. You may work fewer hours at the start and end of the contract and more in the peak summer holiday months.
£23,504 to 26,000 (Pro Rata) depending on experience, qualifications and what else you can bring to the business. We are an accredited Real Living Wage Employer.
25 days holiday (Pro Rata)
NEST Pension (Ethical option available)
How to apply
Email email@example.com with a brief introduction. We’d like to know how your skills and experience match what we’re looking for. Do get in touch if you’d like a chat on the phone first.