Everything you need to know before your session.
We’ll also send this to you in an email on booking. Please forward this to the rest of your group.
Thank you for booking with us. Here is everything you need to know. If you’re booking for a group please forward this information to everyone in your party. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, please search our FAQs.
Cottage Inn Landing, Cumberland Road, Bristol, BS1 6XG.
We’ll meet you on the quayside – you’ll see a row of paddleboards. We are not based at All-Aboard Watersports.
Parking is free but limited and we recommend travelling by foot/bike/bus or taxi.
SUP Bristol is a pleasant harbourside walk or bike ride from Bristol City Centre (approx 25 mins) and Bristol Temple Meads station (Approx 35 mins).
Entry via Cumberland Road eastbound is currently closed. Westbound entry is still open (from Bedminster Bridge roundabout). Follow this page for more information: travelwest.info/24jan
There are regular ferries from Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol City Centre. Ask for the ‘Cottage Inn’ landing – you’ll see the boards lined up when you arrive.
Free limited car parking on site. It gets busy on sunny days so please arrive early.
Cottage Inn Car Park (BS1 6XG) – On site
Free limited on site parking all day for 3 hours
Harbour Master Car Park (BS1 6XG) – On site
Free on site parking from 7.30am-8.30pm for water users.
Alternative option – ss Great Britain: (BS1 6TY)
If both on-site options are full Pay and display 5-10 mins walk with lots of spaces
Whilst you’re welcome to wear old trainers on the water, in summer we love paddling barefoot as it gives you a better feel for the board. Please bring a pair of old shoes or flip flops for walking around on the bank before and after the session though. We’ll leave these on the harbourside while we’re paddling and can’t take responsibility for them. Under 18’s should bring a pair of shoes to wear during the session.
WHEN TO ARRIVE
We aim to start each session promptly please arrive ten minutes before the start of the session.
If you’ve booked a public session we will not be able to delay the start to wait for you.
We will not be able to delay a public session if you’re running late as it’s not fair on the rest of the group. If the session has already started when you arrive we will not be able to refund your booking. At busy times we may not always be able to answer calls at the start of sessions, so please arrive on time.
Please assume your session is going ahead unless you hear from us. We aim to go out in all weathers. The only reason we’d cancel is in the case of very strong wind or thunder and lightning. If we need to cancel we’ll do our best to give you 24 hours notice and let you know by email and text message. If we have to cancel your session we’ll look to reschedule. If that’s not possible we’ll offer you a full refund.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sportwear or similar (dress for the weather and avoid cotton)
- Old trainers or flipflops (closed toe footwear mandatory for under 18s)
- Change of clothes
- Swimwear (if wearing a wetsuit)
- Contact lenses or a glasses strap
- Water bottle
- Hat and/sunglasses
- Hand gel
CONSIDER LEAVING AT HOME
- Denim and heavy cotton clothing
- Expensive sunglasses (or bring a strap)
- Phones and cameras other than Go-Pro’s (leave it to us)
- All SUP Equipment
- Secure storage while you’re on the water
- Optional wetsuit and/or jacket (if warm people usually wear their own clothes
- We recommend wearing sportswear or similar and layering for the weather.
- Wetsuits are great if you’d like to be in and out of the water a lot, but not as warm as wearing layers if you’re planning on staying dry
- Please let us know on the day if you’d like to use one of our wetsuits
- If you’re using one of our wetsuits whilst our changing rooms are closed due to covid we recommend arriving wearing shorts and a quick-drying t-shirt under your clothes. That way you can change alfresco much quicker and easier.
- You’re welcome to bring your own wetsuit
- Don’t forget a change of clothes just in case
- Changing will be alfresco until the changing rooms reopen so don’t forget your towel 😉
- On site parking
- Secure storage (locked and alarmed but left at your risk)
- Indoor changing area and shower *
- Public toilets at Underfall Yard (2 mins walk)
* Updated 21 July 2022: The council changing rooms are currently being refurbished and we only have access to a small indoor changing area. Toilets and a shower are still available. To make changing smoother for everyone please consider:
- arriving ready to paddle (in sportswear or similar)
- allowing extra time before and/or after your session in case facilities are occupied
- planning to change outside (eg changing towel or similar)
Whilst our priority is your safety, we’ll also do our best to take some free photos of your session. It can be difficult to get good shots from a paddleboard so we don’t advertise a professional service! We’ll do our best to upload photos to photos.supbristol.com within 48 hours. If you’d like us to take a particular shot please ask. If you’d like to bring your own camera out on the water you’re very welcome but please make sure it’s waterproof and floats – just in case!
PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING US A REVIEW
We’re currently rated Bristol’s #1 Outdoor Activity on Tripadvisor and positive reviews really help us spread the word. If you’ve enjoyed your time with us please consider leaving us a quick review on Tripadvisor. If there’s something you think we can do better please get in touch and let us know.