Work with us
Freelance paddleboarding instructor
SUP Bristol is recruiting passionate and enthusiastic stand up paddleboarding instructors for our 2017 season.
We’re an award winning stand up paddleboarding school based in the incredible city of Bristol. We’re a small friendly team and looking for people who share our passion of paddling and introducing new people to the outdoors. Read on if this sounds like you!
- passionate about being outside and active
- enthusiastic about getting people into sport
- fun, confident and approachable
- accommodating, encouraging and motivating
- committed to personal development
- interested in people
- a great listener
- able to work in lead and assistant roles
- passionate about increasing participation in sport
- able to work with people of all ages, abilities and attitudes
- understanding of the nature of working in Bristol Harbour
- experienced in paddleboarding
- aged 18+
- Available part time from 1 May – 30 September approx
You will have (or be willing to attain prior to starting work with us)
Lead and assist SUP Bristol sessions. The majority of our work is on weekends and evenings. Full time, part time and freelance roles available.
What does this entail?
- checking and preparing equipment pre-session
- welcoming clients and completing necessary paperwork
- land briefing
- leading/supporting paddling activities and skills development
- motivating and managing the group
- skills demonstrations
- land debrief
- checking and returning equipment
Why work with us?
- comprehensive training
- great rates of pay
- support to develop
- a summer on the water
- Use of SUP Bristol equipment
- great discounts on new equipment
- previous staff have gone on to full time outdoor work in incredible places!
Application process and dates:
|Email us at [email protected] with your CV and a brief covering letter (maximum 1 page letter) outlining your skills, experience and passions that make you a great asset for SUP Bristol||Deadline: 9am on 1 April 2017|
|Receive invite to attend induction day with other potential instructors. Opportunity for us to get to know you and you to get to know us. This will hopefully be the start of us working together.||April 2017|
|Work for SUP Bristol||May to October|
Feel free to contact us for a chat before you apply.