Freelance Paddleboarding Instructor
We’re looking for experienced and qualified freelance instructors for ad-hoc sessions throughout the 2021 season.
SUP Bristol is an award-winning paddleboarding school established in 2014. Our love for the outdoors shows in everything we do, from supporting the first paddle strokes to enabling epic adventures.
Your role will focus on leading our award-winning SUP experiences in the historic Bristol Floating Harbour. You will have the knowledge, skills and experience to facilitate superb experiences for our clients.
You’ll work with a range of customers with varying skill levels and expectations. We work with adult, family and corporate groups, and we also have a very active local active membership – you’ll be able to adapt your style to suit these diverse groups. You’ll be a knowledgeable and experienced paddler and keen to muck in and get up to speed quickly.
You’ll be happy working independently as well as within our small friendly team (two directors, two full time instructors and several regular freelance instructors).
We are Covid Secure and you’ll receive a full induction into our new processes.
SUP Bristol, Underfall Yard, Cumberland Road, Bristol, BS1 6XG
- To deliver high quality stand up paddleboarding beginner and intermediate sessions.
- To demonstrate a high level of customer care
- To demonstrate excellent knowledge of paddleboarding; and strong personal paddling ability and experience
- To manage the use of equipment to ensure the centre is operating efficiently
- To record session data and upload session photographs
- To ensure activity areas are maintained safely and cleanly
- To assist with the maintenance of equipment as required
One of the following
- WSA Foundation SUP Instructor
- British Canoeing coach with SUP Module or significant SUP experience
- ASI Level Two
- BSUPA Level One
and Current 16-hour outdoor first aid certificate
- WSA Adventure Guide
- BC 3/4 star leader sea
- BC level 2 coach
- Full driving licence with experience of driving large vans
Benefits of working with SUP Bristol
- Small, friendly team
- In-house training
- A commitment to your continued professional development (including subsidised courses through Water Skills Academy)
- Use of equipment when you’re not working
- Access to equipment discounts with Red Paddle Co and Palm Equipment
How to apply
Email Tim at [email protected] with a brief introduction.